Year 6 – Week 5
Hello again Year 6!
I hope you have all had a fun week, whether at school with me, or at home. I have seen some INCREDIBLE home learning over the past few weeks and I am so proud of you! A huge well done to you all!
Here are some photos of the amazing work you have been doing at home:
Here are this week’s activities to keep your brains active!
- How does the author create sympathy for Skellig in chapter 22? Can you write a PEE paragraph to answer this question? Remember to find quotations in the text to support your answer.
2. What are the key messages of this novel? Explain.
3. How does Michael’s relationship with his parents change over the course of the narrative? Explain.
4. Did you enjoy this story? Would you recommend it to a friend? Write a paragraph to explain your likes/dislikes.
- 220 children go to Park School. 60% travel to school by car. 35% walk to school. The others travel to school another way. How many children do not walk or travel by car to school?
2. What is 90% of £2160? Can you think of 3 different ways to work it out? Which is the most efficient?
3. Rose has a large bag of apples. There are 180 apples in the bag. She uses 1/4 of the apples to make some juice. She uses 20% of the apples to make some pies. How many apples are left?
4. Make up your own fraction and percentage problems to solve – similar to the question above.
- Research ‘Archimedes’. Who was he? What contributions did he make to science?
2. How has what happened to the Titanic changed history?
Remember to visit the following website for this week’s updated home learning pack: https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/free-home-learning-packs/
Have a fabulous week!