Hello Year 3,
A final message from me with some learning ideas for next week and over the summer!
Maths – I hope you all enjoyed visiting my burger bar last week! This week set up a shop – it could sell food, clothes or toys (whatever you like!) You can set your prices and think about how much change you would give your customers from £5, £10 or £20.
Do you have any promotion deals e.g. buy one get one free or if you buy two items you get a discount?
What would happen if the price of everything went up by 50p or £2?
What would happen if you had a sale and the price of everything went down?
You could make a price list and a banner for your shop using your colours!!
R.E. – Look at the Wednesday word – think about why listening is so important (helps us learn, keep out of danger, hear instructions, listen to one another) What could happen if you don’t listen?
Spellings – review your spellings from the past few weeks. Could you make a mini dictionary with the spelling and meaning of new words you have learnt?
Writing – The past few weeks you have been writing some letters to other people. I have met with Mrs Newham and she is very excited to have you as part of her class. You could write her a letter to tell her all about you, your likes and dislikes and what you might be looking forward to or be feeling nervous about! Some of you might remember doing that for me this time last year.
Over the summer break you could:
– Practise your times tables on Times Table Rockstars – Well done to Emilia, Amelia L and Jonathan who have been active in the past 7 days!
– Look at your spellings (Ready to wow Mrs Newham in Year 4)
– Take part in the summer reading challenge here –
– Be active – dance, jump, skip!
– Write a journal every day – what have you done each day? What are you looking forward to
– Practise your handwriting!!
– Be kind, help others and think about your actions!
– Spend some time outside every day
– Talk to your family and friends as much as you can
– Spend some time preparing for year four – you need a small pencil case with essentials!
– Be the best that you can be!
Most importantly remember to enjoy yourself, relax and rest ready for September!
Thank you so much for all your hard work this year, you all wowed me every day and I have loved teaching you. You will make a fantastic Year Fours and I can’t wait to hear about how well you are doing! You are all amazing and can achieve the most incredible things – just make sure you keep up the hard work!